TopRankings and your private information.
We are proud to be an SEO and Google Adwords agency that is trusted by our diverse range of clients: companies, organisations and institutions throughout Australia. Our aim is to achieve superior levels of ranking for our clients, taking their businesses beyond those of their key competitors, across a wide range of business fields. As we strive to achieve this goal in today’s increasingly digital world, we fully appreciate how primary a concern your privacy should always be. To work together to build or expand your business, we need to develop a bond of trust that allows us to share important information. This is why we have taken the time below to provide extensive details of how we operate in this key area. Should you ever wish to discuss this subject with us, then please contact us by calling 1300 881 911.
The first thing you need to know is that we will always handle your information in complete accordance with the National Privacy Principles as originally set out in the Privacy Act of 2000. This was succeeded by the Privacy & Data Protection Act 2014. Among other key areas, these principles covered the collection, use and disclosure of information; and a right of access to, and correction of, that information
A guide to what TopRankings will and will not do with your information.
This area will provide a clear guide to the actions we will take in the collection and use of your confidential information.
- There are no circumstances under which we would ever unilaterally barter, sell or give your information away to other parties. You can have complete confidence that there are absolutely no exceptions to this key commitment unless you have specifically given us your express permission to take such a course of action.
- In situations where your information is stored on databases maintained by TopRankings, we will take stringent measures to ensure that any access permitted to this information will be strictly limited to those with a valid business reason for accessing and using such information.
- The use of any information obtained will only be for clearly recognised business purposes.
- TopRanking may from time to time, be in contact with you to provide information regarding a range of offers or opportunities which we believe are fully relevant to your business and might be of valuable assistance in conducting it more effectively. We will never send unsolicited or spam email that isn’t covered by this area.
The kind of information we might ask you for; Our key reasons for doing so.
The detail we require from you will be specific to how we are working together and the business actions we are taking on your behalf. Examples of what we might ask for are:
- The detail we might require to be able to provide you with a Confidential Identification; an example of this would be the email address you wish to use.
- Details of your key preferences, including how you wish to be contacted. This enables us to work with your company in a manner that is acceptable to you, delivering exactly the type of online experience you expect.
- It’s important for us to understand how our customers wish to access and use our TopRankings site. To achieve this, we collect and analyse data regarding the timing of such visits and how they undertake their navigation our site. No personal identifiers are used in completing such an analysis.
- Detection of either fraudulent or other malicious or harmful actions. We appreciate that this is of increasing importance in ensuring security. To achieve this goal, we automatically both log and construct clear audit trails covering the usage of our site.
How you can help us keep this information valid.
TopRankings will make every effort to ensure that the confidential information stored by us is kept up-to-date. You can help by checking, from time to time, that this is the case; and by informing us of any details which we need to quickly amend. You can also choose to opt out of receiving communications from TopRankings.
A final word.
The information contained in this section is offered as a clear and simple guide. It is not an exhaustive or complete description of any relevant legislation. Obtaining and using such information ethically allows TopRankings to effectively deliver our range of specialist, custom created search engine optimisation, and other, services. This includes the provision of unequalled campaign performance reporting activities, allowing our clients to appreciate the ROI results we work with them to achieve. Importantly: always working within Google’s guidelines means we can also raise our ‘white hat’ to the commitments we make and practices we undertake.
Thank you for taking the time to visit this important information area. As mentioned earlier, we appreciate that security is as important to your company as it is to ours. This is why we are always happy to discuss any questions you have, or areas of concern you wish to mention. Our TopRankings team are ready to help when you dial 1300 881 911 or you can provide some detail by emailing us at email@example.com.
‘For me, privacy and security are really important. We think about it in terms of both: You can’t have privacy without security’
LARRY PAGE: CO-FOUNDER OF GOOGLE
‘Privacy is not an option, and it shouldn’t be the price we accept for just getting on the internet’
GARY KOVACS: WORKED FOR ADOBE, MOZILLA, IBM AND IS EX-CEO: AVG TECHNOLOGIES